MDLIVE Virtual Visits Benefit
Effective April 1, 2020, the Fund is adding a Virtual Visits benefit with MDLIVE. Both phone and video visits with a doctor or therapist will available either via a mobile app, web-based browser portal or by phone.
The following is a summary of the MDLIVE Virtual Visits benefit:
- The service will be available for both General Medical and Mental/Behavioral Health. The MDLIVE Virtual Visits benefit is covered 100% by the Fund. There are no copays, deductibles, or coinsurance that will be owed by you. Eligibility and coverage under the Fund are required to use the service.
- There is no minimum age for a covered Person to use the General Medical service. The minimum age to use the Mental/Behavioral Health service is twelve (12). Covered Persons under age 18 may proceed with a MDLIVE Virtual Visit only with a parent/guardian present. The MDLIVE Virtual Visits benefit is only available to active Employees, Retirees not eligible for Medicare and their spouses and Dependents, and Spouses and Dependents of Medicare-eligible retirees who are not eligible for Medicare themselves. The service will not be available for Medicare-eligible retirees.
About MDLIVE Virtual Visits
MDLIVE doctors can treat a variety of non-emergency conditions, including:
- Ear infections (age 12+)
- Fever (age 3+)
- Insect bites
- Pink eye
- Sinus infections
- Stress management
- and more
Activate your MDLIVE Account
- Call MDLIVE at 888-676-4204
- Go to MDLIVE.com/BCBSIL
- Text BCBSIL to 635-483
- Download the MDLIVE app
NOTE: When prompted for your Medical Insurance ID, please enter your entire BCBS Identification Number from your BCBS card - including the NEC prefix.
New BCBS Cards
You will be receiving new Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois identification cards because the Fund is adding this benefit. There is new information about accessing the MDLIVE Virtual Visits benefit on the back of your new identification card. You can also continue to use any old identification card(s) you have.
- Prescription drug charges resulting from medications prescribed through MDLIVE Virtual Visits benefit will be covered under the Fund's prescription drug benefit.
- Services received by providers outside of the MDLIVE Virtual Visits benefit will be covered under the Fund's standard medical benefit.
- Copays, deductibles, and coinsurance will apply for these such drugs and services outside of the MDLIVE Virtual Visits benefit.
For questions about the MDLIVE Virtual Visits benefit or your benefits generally, please contact the Fund Office (217-875-0254 or 800-765-4239).